New Year, New Hosting Technique

Dear reader,  a happy new year to you from Mr Him and I. 





We toasted 2017 in with friends. My hosting was everything my last attempt wasn't.  Out with the lemsip,  in with the Prosecco.  Out with food scraped together by relatives, in with M&S party food. 





Out with floating on cloud cuckoo land  (so last year ), in with grounded and attentive hosting.  Out with masses of guests,  in with a select group. 


candlelight




Stilton and honey, do it yourself...a far better option







10 comments:

  1. Congrats on a wonderful party! I had one single flute of cheap Prosecco on New Years Eve and I was hungover like a sonovabitch all the next day. I'm such a cheap drunk. Happy New Year to you and Mr Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to this happy couple! I always do buffet style hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks excellent. And beyond my meagre hosting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that top photo of you and Mr Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you could enjoy this party. LOVE your Macarena. Good call with the M&S party food and the sophisticated stilton and honey. Your guests must have had a great time. But wot, no marble cheeseboard from Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year looks sure looks like a wonderful way to ring in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Loved that photo of your and Mr. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to say it was good to see you and Mr Him swinging but then thought better of it....

    ReplyDelete

Mr Him adops a Racing pigeon and Miss 26 looks for an Apartment in the year that never was

How are you all?  I thought I would catch up by sharing a series of vlogs that I made during the year that never was.  Here is one from the ...