Bob



Dear Reader, last weekend I had an adventure with a pair of scissors.  The scissors were wielded in my kitchen by Audrey and they did wielding that surprised even me. Audrey arrives in our kitchen every six weeks.  She comes to the rescue of my tresses and the joy of Mr Him.  He likes to make her a coffee, regale her with tales and flaunt his wardrobe horrors delights.  I last entered a salon 10 years ago.  I had at that time booked myself highlights (£40) and cut (£40.) After the cut and colour I was charged £120 and questioned the price.  The receptionist said, 'but you had a dressing.'  I had a what! She went on to explain that I had had my hair dried.  That was it!  Hair salons no more.

So last Saturday Audrey arrived in her battle wagon conveying axes, secateurs, industrial oil based paints and a strong constitution to take on her 6 weekly challenge that is Anna. In the back of her wagon and with much praying she mixed the magical concoction that covered my grey. Grey! What grey?  Did I say that? 

With my grey covered and blended into highlights my mouth said the unthinkable. My mouth opened and uttered, 'I want to go shorter please.'  My hands joined the rebellion and pointed to my jawline.  'I'd like a bob.' 

 'ooooooh,' said Audrey, 'that's different.'  She was overwhelmed with excitement for my hair.

The deed was done. 

The young on line shopping genius said 'hmm, short.'  The sixteen year old said 'makes you look younger.'  (Win, correct answer.)  Mr Him is still in shock. What do I think of my Bob? I look like Dougal.  


If that analogy doesn't do it for you then picture a small triangular traffic warning sign on a stick.  




12 comments:

  1. If your hair is "naturally" grey she has done a wonderful job. As for the length I don't know what it was like before but from the back it looks good. (kamo lady in New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised at the colour at the back from the pics. The front is quite grey.

      Delete
  2. Grey? You are a stranger to the truth.
    I like the back of it. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not grey too. The cut looks great (from the back).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not grey, it's strands of glitter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That;s a good explanation. I'll keep away from the tree at christmas.

      Delete
  5. pretty hair, lucky you having someone come in to do it. I seem to be going to the hairdresser every 4 weeks now to cover the grey, it used to be every 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so much cheaper having a house call hairdresser. That's my reason for doing it. She gives me high and low lights to blend the grey. It lasts longer that way as the growing out is not so stark.

      Delete

Mr Him adops a Racing pigeon and Miss 26 looks for an Apartment in the year that never was

How are you all?  I thought I would catch up by sharing a series of vlogs that I made during the year that never was.  Here is one from the ...